How You Can Help Your Child Succeed
Christine Whitfield, Preschool Director 29 Jun ,2017 0
Parents, lets be honest. Parenting is hard. There is no other way to put it. Every parent wants their child to be successful no matter what level they are at. Here are ten ways you can help your child succeed.
Eight Ways You Can Help Your Child Succeed……
- Read with them EVERY DAY! Yes children love their tablets, TV’s, and your cell phone but statistics show that children that are read to do better in do.
- Be consistent in your “after school” or evening routines. This can be hard with the busy lives we all lead but by being consistent about things such as family dinners, home rules, and bedtime help a child thrive because they know exactly what to expect and this makes them feel safe.
- Be positive! Always speak well about your child, learning, school, and their teacher. They are paying attention, even when you don’t think they are.
- Encourage your child to excel in the areas they are naturally gifted.
- Be sure that they are getting plenty of rest each night. Its hard for anyone to do their best when they haven’t gotten the proper sleep, yet alone a two year old.
- Teach your child to be responsible for their actions and to take pride in all they do.
- Stay involved by making sure to ask your child about their day. Ask open ended questions not ones they can just answer yes or no.
- Communicate with their teachers and the staff. We are here to help. Let us know if you have a question.